Stablesgate House (max.
capacity 6 persons)
This unique concept allows guests to luxuriate
in the space and privacy of their own beautifully renovated private
house, whilst enjoying hotel-style services.
Stablesgate is so named as the area used
to be the stables of the Topkapi Palace. Apart from the rare advantage
of having so much private space, one of the main attractions is
the setting. The house lies just within the walls of the old city,
in a warren of old streets, just a short walk from the Bosphorus
and major sites of Istanbul.
The property is the result of several years’ careful
renovation. The concept is very much one of an extremely luxurious
and spacious hotel suite - rather than a self-catered villa or apartment.
The house is cleaned every day and guests are invited to enjoy breakfast
each morning on the roof terrace of the nearby Armada Hotel (www.armadahotel.com.tr),
with its fabulous views across the Sea of Marmara and up to the
Blue Mosque and Haghia Sophia.
Stablesgate – in Turkish, ‘Ahirkapi’ – is so named
as the property is located in the vicinity of the former stables
of the Topkapi Palace. Apart from the rare luxury of having so much
private space, Stablesgate’s special location provides a real flavour
of Istanbul life and many hours can be spent in exploration of the
labyrinthine streets, taking in the fascinating mix of colours,
smells and sounds.
A one-minute stroll leads to the attractive courtyard
restaurant, ‘Giritli’, which is well worth visiting. The Armada
is just a two-minute walk away, and there Stablesgate guests are
treated as hotel residents with full access to all facilities including
the well-reputed tango nights which attract Istanbulians from all
over the city!
• Free Wireless Internet
• Maid service is provided on a daily basis for light cleaning,
with towels & bed linen changed every two days
• 2 double bedrooms, 1 en suite shower/WC, 1 en suite bath/shower/WC
& a separate shower/WC.
• Kitchen/utility room includes a full oven, fridge/freezer, washing
machine & dishwasher.
• The sitting room has a LCD TV/DVD & CD player
• Open and Closed Terrace
• Laundry services (no dry cleaning) at the Armada Hotel
• Safety deposit box
• Restaurant and bar services provided at the Armada Hotel (two-minute
• In the centre of the Old City, Sultanahmet
• Walking distance to most major sites
• The closest mini market is situated nearby